Thursday, June 10, 2010

Baking bread in the Dutch Oven

I teach a 4-H Dutch Oven class yesterday I was to teach them to taste the difference,quality and texture of breads baked in the conventional oven VS.the D.O. For many of you who don't know I am not good with bread let alone cooking it in the D.O. to make a long story short the bread in the D.O. turned out delicous.


For some reason my before pic won't load so if I figure it out I will post it. The recipe is called:
Buttery Pull-aparts

16 Rhodes Dinner rolls, Thawed
1/2 c. butter
1/3 c. parmesan cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder of salad supreme

Thaw rolls until soft. Cut rolls in half. Melt butter and place in dutch oven. Coat roll pieces with butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder or salad supreme and parmesan cheese.Cover let rise until double. Bake at 325 following general dutch oven directions for 45-50 minutes, checking every 20 minutes. For conventional ovens reduce time to 20-25 minutes.
You will be missing out if you don't try this. The rolls where so good I did not finish cleaning up my briquettes all the way.Dustin ran out bare foot to get the mail and this was the end result...

I am so sorry buddy I hope your foot gets better soon...I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment